Catheter is a tube made of natural rubber, silicone rubber or polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It can be inserted into the bladder through the urethra to drain urine. After the catheter is inserted into the bladder, there is a balloon near the head of the catheter to fix the catheter. The tube stays in the bladder and cannot be easily removed, and the drainage tube is connected to the urine bag to collect urine.
There are 13 types of catheters according to the circumference of the outer diameter, 6F-30F. There are four types of adult catheters: 12F, 14F, 16F, and 18F. The F number is the outer circumference in millimeters. It is the legal unit . F is French. The conversion formula is F = 2πr. The rough conversion is F (mm) = 3 times the outer diameter (mm).
Dimension: 6F-30F, double progressive
Indications: Urination disorders caused by various reasons
Package: Ten per box
Classified by material as follows:
1. PWC material
2. Latex material
3. Medical silicone material
Classified by model as follows:
1. Children's catheter. Its size is relatively small, mainly 6FR, 8FR, 10FR.
2. Double-cavity catheter. The more commonly used are 16FR and 18FR.
3. Three-cavity catheter. There are two commonly used 20FR and 22FR.
4. Open type catheter. The more commonly used are 14FR and 20FR.
5. Large balloon / head catheter. The main models are 20FR and 22FR.
1. Urinary disorders caused by various reasons
2. Specific surgery (abdominal cavity, urinary tract, orthopedics, gynecology, etc.)
3. Need to record urine output per unit time
Wash hands and remove germs to prevent infection.
Prepare the following utensils: A cotton stick, a roll of breathable paper tape, a plastic bag, potty, physiological saline or boiled water, iodine disinfection solution (as needed) .
1. Place the potty into the patient's buttocks.
2. Separate the labia by hand or retract the foreskin.
3. Wet the saline or boiled water with cotton sticks, clean the catheter close to the mouth of the catheter for about an inch (2.5 cm), use one cotton stick at a time, and throw the dirty cotton sticks into your hand Inside the prepared plastic.
4. Check for any scabs or abnormal drainage or secretions. If so, please inform the medical staff to deal with it.
5. Fix the urinary catheter to the inside of the thigh (female patient) or the lower abdomen (male patient) with a breathable adhesive tape, and replace the sticking site every day to prevent long-term sticking or catheter compression, causing skin damage.
Rolled Cople for pipe